Wednesday, February 25, 2009

an ode to my lack of good judgement

in the past 24 hours, i have managed to make two dreadful decisions, the first being my decision to pull and all-nighter last night. i have a chemistry test on thursday night, and it is imperative that i do well on this exam. my solution to this problem: stay up all night and study. although i feel like an all-nighter is never a good idea, it is a necessary college experience. i have now had mine, and expect me never to do that to myself again. and the potentially most upsetting part of this saga is that i fell asleep at 6 am and slept til 11 am. please tell me that does not take my "all-nighter status" away from me. my body just said no more. now i am sitting in the ferg, eating fake chick-fil-a for the second time this week (it is only wednesday, mind you), and downing a coke. i am slow to forgive myself.

unfortunate decision number 2 i blame on unfortunate decision number 1. the word to best describe myself at about 11 this morning was docile; i had no energy left in me, and as a result, i caved to the pressures of the fashion world. i put on ugg boots with my nike shorts. as i know katie k has discussed on the blog before, this is such an inappropriate and unforgivable fashion statement. these words are harsh, i know. but really kids, this fad only offers two possible outcomes: cold legs or hot feet. it's science. today i have been dealing with the hot feet side of this situation, and i feel it is only a fair punishment. i sat for 50 minutes in math class stressing about the temperature of my feet and thinking about how ridiculous i look. i will survive and be a better person for this.

forever yours,
phoebe
(because of the fashion statements she pulls off)



No comments:

Post a Comment