Thursday, February 19, 2009

Conan O'Brien is huge in Finland.

Wow. My roommate has seriously taken over OUR blog since my last post, even to the point where yesterday Kate pointed out to me that I needed to reclaim what is rightfully mine. So here I am, doing just that. 

I attribute my blog resistance over the past week and a half to a myriad of issues that have arisen in my life. First, the negative comments that have come from people we don't even know. To whom I say: if you don't care about our lives, don't read our blog. We're not writing it for you anyway. 

Secondly, I haven't been blogging due to the stomach bug that struck me on Monday, which Katie B. has previously alluded to. Now, I don't want to be graphic, but it was a rough day. My mom and I both had it and were pathetically lying next to each other, as my dad patiently took care of us all day. Since then, I've had no appetite and very little energy. I envy Margaret Clark. I don't understand how one person can only have vomited twice in their lifetime. Let's just say I broke that record several times over on Monday. It's amazing how one day of illness can set you back so far. It was just a 24-hour bug, but I missed two days of class and a lab. I'm used to going out and doing things every night, but the past three nights, I've been in bed before 12, falling asleep during Letterman. So, not only did I get the stomach bug, but I seem to have aged 30 years. 

I wish I was one of those people who could miss class and just not worry about it, I'll catch up when I catch up. I'm quite the opposite actually. I get super stressed, prone to breakdowns, and feeling like I'll never catch up. That's what this week has been like for me. I just keep convincing myself that I will get through the week, and it's ok to just let myself be sick if I don't feel well.

In all the hullabaloo of my illness, I never got to blog about my weekend. It was a good one. I feel like I had a really culturally rich weekend. Friday, I went with some friend-os to see Medea along with our favorite puppeteer. I loved the show. I think I'll like anything I see in the Allen Bales, but this was a truly interesting, engaging take on a classic story. Saturday, I had a day Valentine date with Miss Sarah Young road trippin' to the 'ham. After two missed turns and driving next to the Almond clan, we made it to lunch with our friends and a fun shopping date before I passed her on to her "real" Valentine. I think his name is Chris. Then I met up with my evening Valentine, Mrs. Ellen Godfrey. It was so good to catch up. I love that she and I have the kind of relationship where we can just pick up where we left off. Then we went to see her awesome husband in The Last Five Years. I love this musical and they did such an amazing job with it. I really hope they do more shows like this in the A Bryan Photo studio. The show was only highlighted by the fact that Sarah noted that Jacob Black and Angela were sitting across from us. Sunday, I got to hear two of my best friends, Ben Watson and William Mason perform at Zydeco. They did such an awesome job. I seriously felt like a proud mom. I've loved getting to watch both of their musical talent develop through the years. And then the sickness hit, but the weekend was good while it lasted.

Katie B. and I are registering for our new two-person room tomorrow over a breakfast date at Crimson Café! I'm really excited about this roommate outing. 

I'm sad that Late Night with Conan O'Brien is on its second to last show... and jealous that he is hacking up his set and giving it to people in the audience and I'm not there.

This has been really long, but I had to make up for lost time.
Kallam

4 comments:

  1. This blog is gayer than Conan O'Brien himself. And he's gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow katie(s) why don't you put everything that doesn't matter in the world into one place on the internet so that everyone can suffer the pain that is yalls daily lives with you. If this computer was a knife i would fall on it now rather than reading another blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, But why do you care what the katies are writing about. You do not have to read their blog, no one is forcing you to take time out of your busy life to read it. Grow up

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were the best v-day date ever! thanks love

    ReplyDelete