Saturday, February 7, 2009

jackalopes and jenny

life is funny.

it is amazing the amount of things that can be going on at once in your life. it can be overwhelming. most of the time, i am overwhelmed by all the schoolwork i have not done or something of that sort. right now, however, i am overwhelmed by the power of god. yesterday, my sister informed me that my favorite high school teacher suddenly died of a heart attack. i was sitting at the alabama gymnastics meet when i heard this news. my heart stopped. this man was amazing. i have never met someone who cares about people more than coach walker did. i had him two years in a row at briarwood. i usually didn't have great relationships with my teachers cause honestly it didn't mean that much to me. however, with coach walker, i knew that he genuinely cared about me and my success. he used to tell me over and over again how smart i was, which sadly is not true. but it meant the world to me coming from him! as one of my friends put it... with his death, " the world just became a little less kind." it has been really hard to process this news. for me, it will just take time.

amazingly, while i am experiencing this grief, god created the most beautiful day. the weather today was incredible thus i went on a hike. katie k, sarah young, kyle ogard, and i all headed out to the university's arboretum for a little chick-fil-a picnic and quality time with nature. on top of this perfection, we "borrowed" a dog to make the trek all the better. and boy did it! walking around in what felt like the middle of nowhere and taking in the beauty all around me was such a good reminder that there is a god. he is in control, and he knows what he is doing. 

oh there is so much for me to learn... thank you for the little things (like jackalopes and jenny) to teach me these lessons...

just myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment