Sunday, February 8, 2009

tell me, how does it feel to be so high above the clouds?

so i realize that i blogged a mere 20 hours ago, but i am back anyways. i felt that the world needs to know that i locked myself out of my own life this morning. yep that's right.

this morning katie k and i walked out to the parking lot together to head our separate ways to church. it was such a beautiful morning, and the sun was shining in my sunglass-less eyes. so i thought to myself, "self, you need to run back up and get your sunglasses before you go to church." i waved goodbye to katie k, jumped in my car, and drove up next to my dorm. when i got back to my room, i grabbed my sunglasses, but in the exchange, i left my keys, phone, and act card on my bed. oops. i did not notice my fatal mistake until i was standing outside of my car with no way into it and no way back into the dorm. the major problem with getting locked out of the dorms on a sunday morning is that absolutely no one is coming in or going out. i felt stressed at first cause i knew i would be late for church, but then i decided to spend this free time standing pathetically outside riverside and reading about "squirrel-wrangling yates" in friday's crimson white. it was time well spent. in the end, a kind soul came to save me. oh life.

funny happening #2 of the day: kyle ordered the colossal burger at ruby tuesdays after church. consequently, everyone at the table was entertained for the entire meal. kyle's got to be feeling it now... :)

annoyance of the day: our dorm room is located right above a faculty family's dorm. struggle. the hard part of this is the three cute little kids that stand outside my window and scream at the top of their lungs too much of the time. i thought i loved children... i think god is testing me.

in closing, it is so very important that i note that katie k and i were listening to the exact same song (blue eyes... check it out), at the same time, but in different rooms. oh the levels of meaning this entails.

rachel
(because cleaning up my room as been put on the back-burner, as of late)


No comments:

Post a Comment