Wednesday, March 4, 2009

thank you tuscaloosa!

it has officially been a week since blogging last went down. inexcusable. 

to start off with, i would like to note that i am listening to "trouble" by coldplay on repeat. as many of you know, i do not own a lot of music. the world of music overwhelms me, and most of the time, i just choose to steer clear of it. however, i am a fan of pandora; it makes life simple. it recently brought me this little treasure; consequently, i am eternally grateful. this song is hauntingly beautiful... thus i am sitting at my desk, listening to this song in the dark while eating cheez-its and blogging. oh the life. 

the next very important item of business to cover is a very pleasant but unusual compliment that i received twice this week. god knows that i like to sing... a lot. much to my disappointment, most of my singing is a combination of crazy, random songs that are sadly off pitch and on the wrong beat. my family considers my singing to be one of my personality quirks. i love it, but i am afraid that it drives people away from me. however, at ruf last week, frank cade leaned over after the final song and asked me if i sang in high school cause he thought i had a good voice. i about dropped dead right there. nothing has ever meant so much to me. then at lunch at the chi-omega house today, father woodsen, the episcopal priest that eats with us on tuesdays and wednesdays, told me that i had a pretty voice and must be a singer. i am pretty sure my heart skipped a beat. i wanted to stop right there and give him a little rendition of "build me up buttercup" or something catchy like that. thankfully, i kept my mouth closed. the facade continues. 

it snowed this past weekend. it's incredible how much the little things in life can do to make me happy. my life has been extremely overwhelming recently. to me, the snow was god's way of saying, "calm down. i am in control." the comfort i find in the fact that i do not have to create my own story is astounding. god has already written it for me. 

i'd like to end in a shout out to my roomsmate! thank you for loving me and for being honest with me... you are helping make freshman year one of the best experiences of my life. i am so glad i have you for round 2 next year. and on top of all this, you are going to make the best capstoner ever. don't listen to those debbie downers:) 

sweet dreams, coldplay.

joey
(because i ate a meatball sub for lunch today)

1 comment: