Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let it ride, let it ride easy down the road.

So, I really wanted to hate the show 17 Kids and Counting. I just found their long hair, long denim skirts, and crazy amount of offspring just plain creepy. I also saw them as competition with Jon & Kate Plus 8, and ain't nobody gonna mess with the Gosselins. But then I watched the wedding special where the oldest son, Josh, got married, and in spite of myself, I started to like them. They're just so darn nice. Crazy, but nice. 

I just realized that my last two posts have been about television. I promise I have a life.

So, now for another admission. I have participated in the "My 25" movement. Usually, I'm pretty against these trendy facebook fads, but I saw this one, not as a mere form of procrastination, but an introspective look inside myself. Meyers-Briggs tests have become a popular topic among my friends recently, and while the jury's still out on what acronym defines me, I thought I'd give you this little slice of my personality. 

1. Sometimes I think I have split personality disorder. I love attention, but find myself shy when intimidated. I'm an introverted extrovert and an extroverted introvert.
2. I'm viciously loyal to my friends. I mean it. Just try me.
3. I resist change but love the point where change becomes normal. It surprises me every time.
4. I am far too impatient.
5. There's nothing I love more than driving by myself singing along to a mood-fitting song.
6. I give really good advice, but I don't listen to it myself a lot of the time.
7. I'm a sucker for a good folksy singer-songwriter.
8. I love every little thing about musical theatre. It makes me feel alive.
9. I'm a facebook stalker.
10. I don't last long shopping. You're lucky if you can get an hour out of me.
11. I love to travel. I have a life-goal of visiting all 7 continents. 2 down, 5 to go.
12. Me encanta el espaƱol.
13. I live for words of encouragement from other people.
14. My life is on full of schedules and lists. I find it hard to veer off a given schedule. I wish I were more spontaneous.
15. I hate surprises. They make me nervous and anxious. I like planning them, just not being surprised.
16. I'm a really open person. Ask me anything and almost all the time you'll get an honest response.
17. I avoid confrontation at all costs. You could call me a bottler.
18. Growing up as a pastor's kid has made me really good at small talk with adults.
19. I'm intimidated by failure and pretend that I don't want things when I really do.
20. I HATE when people feel sorry for me I avoid it more than anything else in the world, even if it means lying to myself.
21. I love cold weather. Winter kicks summer's butt. Winter has Christmas. End of discussion.
22. I miss high school. I miss being a little kid. I miss coming home from school and playing outside until dinner.
23. I'm super sarcastic and a little cynical.
24. I judge people by their taste in musics, movies, and TV shows.
25. I live my life in awes of the fact that God loves me and pursues an intimate relationship with me. I can never measure up. I fall short of God's glory.

So there you have it. Maybe you know me a little better now.



No comments:

Post a Comment