Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the bachelor is banging your mother for twenty-four hours.

today was one of those days... and i hate those days. those days are always the worst. nothing bad actually happens, but nothing good does either. and in my opinion, that makes the day even worse than a bad day.  that might not make a lot of sense to you, but it works in head. 

inspite of my mediocre day, i had a funny thought. katie k and i were walking through the cosmetics section of publix when we ran across the pregnancy tests. naturally, we began an amusing banter comparing our need of the pregnancy tests to the cost of the pregnancy test (cause those things are rather pricey). we toyed with the idea of buying a few... just in case. you know us. however, we decided that we didn't have the money to purchase the amount that might be necessary.  i suggested just crossing our fingers and hoping for the best in our hypothetical situation. meanwhile, my mind flashed-forward to a youth pastor telling the kids in his youth group about a little trip to publix where he overheard two college girls discussing how they didn't have enough money for a pregnancy test and how they were just going to cross their fingers and practice wishful thinking. the idea that someone might have overheard our joke and would use it to promote sexual abstinence was too much for me. i lost it right in the middle of the grocery store.

and in a moment of bragging, i would like to announce that i got to wear the real miss alabama sash tonight (no it's not as good as the crown, but it worked). my friend's sister is miss alabama, and in a luggage mishap on the way home from the miss america pageant, he somehow ended up with the miss alabama sash. the moment after i saw it, i had that thing hanging around my body. pageants have never been my thing, but let me tell you, there is power in the sash. it felt right wearing it. sadly, i did have to remove the sash and put my scarf back on. i then wished my scarf were magically... boo scarf.

fun fact that i forgot to mention in my last post: i almost correctly predicted the score of the superbowl. i was definitely in the right ball park and even being in a ball park is a big deal for me. i celebrated.

also, very worthy of being noted, katie k found keys to an acura in her purse this afternoon. she claims that she has no idea how they got there. but i know better than that. your keys might be next. hold tight to those little suckers...

thank you for making it all the way through this blog post... a rather disorganized array of my thoughts. you just gotta bear with me. 

ross
(because i am over thinking things tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment