Friday, January 30, 2009

All you have to do is call my name, and I'll be there on the next train.

This is gonna be a short one.

Mainly, I'm just posting to alert the blogging world that LAUREN GRAHAM IS RETURNING TO TELEVISION. Yesiree-bob. Lorelai Gilmore herself, the queen of obscure pop-culture references, Miss Let's-see-how-many-words-I-can-spit-out-in-the-amount-of-time-it-takes-most-people-to-say-"what-up" is BACK. My hero has returned.

Now, for those of you who don't know (or can't tell from the above paragraph), I'm what you might call a colossal fan of Gilmore Girls. I began watching the show my freshman year of high school and immediately fell in love with these fast-talking, intelligent, funny, strong women. I wanted to be their friends. I accrued all of the seasons on DVD and proceeded to memorize oh, every line. It's actually kind of sad. Sometimes I get called out for things I say actually being lines from Gilmore Girls. I was heart-broken when Amy Sherman-Palladino left the show after season 6, and even more heart-broken when she didn't come back to do the finale the way she had always envisioned it (I NEEDED CLOSURE). And now after 2 years of drought, I can get my Lauren Graham fix back. I've seen Alexis Bledel in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies, but it's not the same, and Lorelai was always my favorite anyway. 

This is why, when Ben texted me today to inform me of this news, people around me thought that tragedy had struck based on my gasp of joy and anticipation. 

But here's the kicker, what if this show isn't good? I'm kind of afraid of letting Lauren back into my world because I'm afraid she'll disappoint me. It's like when you see that child stars are now homeless drug addicts. You want them to stay frozen in that ideal state. I don't see how she could possibly be working on a project that could ever reach the caliber of Gilmore Girls, so I hope she at least doesn't let me down. You hear me, Squegee Beckenheim? I need you to succeed. I'm gonna pretend like Even Almighty never happened. 

So suffice it to say, I will be watching this yet-to-be-named sitcom (cringe) when it airs. 

...and this was an entire post about Lauren Graham.

Love from Stars Hollow,
Kallam



 

2 comments:

  1. wait... wait... wait... that's all well and good... but what beef do you have with bruce almighty? we gotta talk about this katie k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh... wait... i stand corrected i see that you say evan almighty.. never saw that one. i almost had a mini freak out.

    ReplyDelete