Friday, January 23, 2009

peace out pledgeship

i drank a coke for breakfast yesterday.

i knew yesterday was bound to be a failure the moment i stole one of katie k's cokes for my breakfast. my hope was for it to mask my lack of sleep, but instead it cursed my day. things were going well for the majority of the day, but i knew better. i never have cokes for breakfast... deep down i knew deviating from the norm was only going to bring trouble. and boy did it. 

this week is chi omega initiation week, and last night a church service was held at canterbury episcopal for our pledge class. we were told to be there at seven thirty. i was on track to do just that until i realized i had no idea where this church was. after many frantic phone calls and some aimless driving, i finally found myself sitting right where i should have been ten minutes earlier: the canterbury church parking lot. we had been told over and over again that showing up late to the service was unacceptable. do i go in? do i not? my mind was doing summersaults. final decision: just do it. so there i go, walking into this silent church. being the uncoordinated person that i am, it wasn't possible for me to find the back entrance that would have allowed me to slip in unnoticed. no! instead, i found myself walking in right at the front of the stage. sweet kailey christian was up on stage reading a bible verse while i was parading in late in front of my entire pledge class. i was so shaken by this experience that for the rest of the service (what little there was left) i fumbled around with the wrong books and stressed out over flipping down the prayer benches. i sure know how to turn a simple task into an impossibly difficult undertaking. go me.

i would also like to note that kyle went to the wrong class yesterday. ha. 

and now it is time for me to (in patrick's words) complete my "week of judgement"... yay initiation!! see yall when i am an active.

joey (because i am hungry)

No comments:

Post a Comment