Wednesday, January 21, 2009

She's not crazy, just a little misunderstood.

I've always been a firm believer in lists. I think I inherited this trait from my mom. I find that the only way to keep myself sane is to make schedules and lists of when and where I'm going to get things done. I even find myself adding things to my list that I've already done just so I can immediately cross them off. Or I add mundane tasks that I HAVE to do so I can feel accomplished when I cross them off (i.e. brush teeth, shower, etc.). I may be lying to myself, but it makes me feel better.

Because I've been this way my whole life, I find myself completely stressed when, at the end of the day, the list is still chocked full of things I didn't get done that day or the same task pops up on the list every day for a month and I still haven't gotten it done. But I'm trying really hard to wean myself off of this mentality. Sometimes I have to literally tell myself that I don't have to get everything done. Sometimes it's ok to just sit in bed and watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 or read the Entertainment Weekly with Heath Ledger on the cover. I can do these frivolous things and not feel bad about myself. I will be a generally happier person if I make time to do the things I enjoy rather than wearing myself out doing tasks I don't.

So that's my self-analysis of the day.

I could write an entire blog post about this past weekend of mountains and snow, but there are so many humorous anecdotes from the trip that I simply cannot pick just one. In a nutshell, it was a great trip to get away, see God's beautiful world, and get to know people better. It's hard to come back from something like that and jump back into the world of lists. 

Here's a list of things that make me happy:
-LOST premieres tonight. It might as well be Christmas. 
-I have had a recent influx of new music. I'm overwhelmed as to what to listen to first.
-The poem I wrote for Spanish about Monica Gellar.

Ok, enough procrastination, I've got a list to get back to. 

Katie K. (because Sarah implied there was confusion as to who was posting what.)

1 comment: