Monday, January 26, 2009

vague weekend recap

"... it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. sometimes i feel like i'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then i remember to relax and stop trying to hold on to it. then it flows through me like rain, and i can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. you have no idea what i'm talking about, i'm sure... but don't worry, you will someday." -american beauty

last night, i felt like i needed to get away and think. i just wanted some space, so i started driving. i drove all over northport. thank goodness for my decent sense of direction or else my little trek would have had an unfortunate ending. however, i found a little parking lot on the other side of the river where i had a surprisingly pretty view of campus. the dorms were lit up, and their reflections in the water created a mesmerizing picture. i sat there feeling like an outsider. the river had a magical power that was capable of disconnecting me from my life. the music drew me in, and i was overwhelmed everything... a good overwhelmed, i think. nights like last night make me so thankful that there is a god to be in control of my life. although i spend most of my time trying to take the control, i love the moments that god steps in and says see you can't do this on your own. my life has only gotten more complicated since i came to college, and yet it makes me love my life even more. 

in the end, i crossed back over the river and reentered my wonderful life. 

on a lighter note... not that he doesn't have enough nicknames already, but we have a new one for graham. it is spencer. next time you run across our friend graham, don't tell me he doesn't look/act a whole lot like a spencer. and if you get any negative reaction to the name from graham himself, just overlook it. that is all.

hope everyone is having a wonderful day because it is absolutely gorgeous outside!

phoebe
(because i feel like picking up a guitar and writing a silly song) 

2 comments:

  1. 1. what are all my other nicknames?
    2. the only spencers i have personally met are jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will tell you of all you nickanmes later, so are not appropitate for here, and if i haad to guess, i think they'd be referring to the spencer from the tv show the hill... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete