Friday, April 3, 2009

the nameless blog post.

hello all. happy friday.

the long awaited weekend is upon us. i have had one of the worst weeks ever simply because it was so full of schoolwork. and let's face it, i am an underachiever who does not enjoy school or the work that comes with it. i am so happy that next week is almost here because my calendar is empty, and i plan to catch up on time with friends and sleep.

in other news, i turned nineteen on wednesday, and that was the one nice thing that came with this week. although it was on the worst day possible, it was still my birthday, and birthday's are naturally fun. my mom was very brave and came down to surprise me after i had specifically told her not to. although those words did come out of my mouth, i was immensely happy/shocked to be woken up by her on the morning of my birthday. she and my aunt brought me breakfast, cupcakes, balloons, and presents. it was pretty wonderful. in the friends arena, hill wins my birthday award this year (i have never given a birthday award before, but i am apparently starting right now). he was the first one to wish me happy birthday, with a doughnut i might add, and he was the last one to wish me a happy birthday. although late night studying was the reason for both of those situations, the award still goes to hill. 

funny story... so last night was ato viking cocktail. it was a night filled with frank cade's dance moves, dan almond also tearing up the dance floor, and sleepiness on my part, but a good time was had nonetheless. one highlight was spencer's endeavor to master the pretzel. when i am at the top of my game, i pride myself in my ability to dominate the pretzel, but last night was unfortunately an off night. near the end of the evening, spence suggested me take another shot at the pretzel, and so we did. sadly, our attempt somehow resulted in a chest bump. it's hard to explain how that actually happens, but it did. it was at that moment that i knew i belonged in my bed and not on the dance floor of the brick house. 

and for those that did not think that story was funny... a) you didn't see it happen. and b) then i found $10. 

now i must paint a mental picture of just how cool katie k and i are. tonight we were cleaning our dorm, like really cleaning. yes, you are correct in thinking that it is a friday night, but like i said, we are just that cool. i was finishing putting the clean sheets on my bed when katie and christina's (our other two roommates) friends/rushees started to file into our dorm room. apparently, the preparty was here. the looks i got as i was making up my bed were priceless. i'm still laughing at what those rushees must be thinking of chi-o right now... little do they know. 

and now i am going to end this blog post for many reasons...
1. it's already too long. 
2. i feel like it has been an epic failure.
3. it's friday night, and i am headed to ato for p-groove! whoopie! 

peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment