Friday, April 10, 2009

And even breathing feels all right.

I'm going to go ahead and vow right now not to blog at all about being stressed, busy, or overwhelmed with my life. (All those things are true, but my recent blog posts have been weighted down with such topics.) It times to mix things up a bit.

Recently, I've been starting to think more and more about summer. I have absolutely no idea what my summer is going to look like. I know I'm going to Haiti with UCF on a mission trip the last week in May, and I know I'll have to get a job and give tours throughout the summer, but past that, I got nothin'. It's a bit overwhelming because I feel like all of my friends have it all planned out. My roommate's going to Vermont, many of my friends are being camp counselors, taking class in Tuscaloosa, etc, etc. This vagueness of planning is completely foreign to me. I'm used to having every week of my summer planned and never being in town. I just know I only have 3 summers left, and I don't want to waste them. I'm praying for guidance and a clear-cut path.

In other news, I feel like tour antics/embarrassing moments are going to become a frequent feature of my blog posts. Today, I did a high school bus tour, along with Taylor. The bus drivers on these tours are not used to driving while someone else is standing up talking, causing me to fall forward every time he abruptly stopped the bus, sadly eliciting more laughs from the students than my feeble jokes. Also, on my first admission tour, when I got to Sewell-Thomas Stadium, I said, "And here we have Hil...Sewell-Thomas Stadium." Yes, I almost said Hill-Sewell-Thomas Stadium. Roll Tide.

Needtobreathe comes to UA on Monday! Roll Tide x2.

I hope everyone has an amazing Easter. I am continuously amazed at the sacrifice that was made for me. I'm so grateful that salvation is still just as mind-blowing today as it was when I first came to believe it. 2 Corinthians 5:14-21. So good.

I love Chacos and Summer Snow,
Katie K.

1 comment: