Saturday, April 11, 2009

a little easter gem

yes, i realize that there has been a lot of action on the blog recently: three blog posts in the last three days and a whole new look. but why not? enjoy the new layout... katie k and i are pleased with its turnout. after 4 months in the blogging world, we've finally hit our stride. 

the real reason for this blog post is to walk you step by step through what my family put me through this morning. it was not ok on any level...

it's easter weekend, right? i am home, and my plan was to lay in my bed for the majority of the time. last night out of habit, i stayed up way too late, but i did this with the intent of sleeping in to my heart's desire this morning. never in a million years was i planning on my dad coming in my room at 9 am banging pots and pans together to get me out of bed. ironically, that is exactly what happened. he said that we needed to take our cats to go get their rabies shots, and to do this, he needed my help. i have never felt so much anger before in my life, and from the time i got out of bed to the time i got in the car, i kept repeating, "take me back to college!" once we rounded up all two of our cats; my dad, holly, and i departed for the rabies clinic. 

now in order for you to appreciate this story even more, i must give you some background on my cats. we have two of them: laney and pepper. pepper has been around for years. she's really docile and sweet, but i have never been her biggest fan. she gets hair everywhere and has the sharpest claws in the world! i always loved her brother, marble. he was a little edgier of a cat. he was not always the friendliest, but he and i understood each other. he was my sidekick growing up... sucks for me though cause he decided to up and die a couple years ago. this whole situation made me hate pepper even more because she is still alive... like she really had anything to do with it. still, i put the blame on her. a few months after marble's passing, my dad decided to get a new kitten. i was all about this cause kittens are cute, fun, what have you... so it is at this point in the story that laney becomes a part of the brazeal family. i kinda just assumed this would be my kitty cause the cat i loved so much had died. my dad played along with my fantasy for a while, but little did i know, this was all a conspiracy. my dad really just wanted laney for himself. everyday while i was in school, he doted on her/ brainwashed her. you see, dad works from his home office most of the time, so he would let laney bounce around on his desk and take naps on his computer's keyboard. it all sounds really sweet until you realize that the love she was developing for my dad was directly affecting the amount she would have left for me. in the end, laney had no room left to love me thus the hardening of my heart towards her.

now that you know where i stand emotionally with both of my cats, i will continue the story from this morning. to set the scene, dad was driving. i specifically requested to drive since the cats and i have a hate/hate relationship, but as usual, i was turned down. also very typical, holly got shotgun and had pepper in her lap. i was exiled to the back seat to be in charge of laney. before we even pulled out of the neighborhood, i was rudely reminded that pepper has a chronic meowing problem while riding in cars. there is apparently something about being inside a moving vehicle that just messes with her head. dad figured that blaring magic 96.5 would somehow sooth the poor kitties. i, however, am not convinced that is the solution. so there we are riding down the road and rocking out to a combination of seal's kiss by a rose and pepper's meowing. you would be amazed at just how terrible that composition sounds. thankfully, we arrived at the clinic in one piece. the feline's got their injections, and i figured it would be downhill from there. but boy was i wrong! the other little fun fact i had forgotten was how laney is prone to get car sick. while driving home, i was in the process to finding a better attitude within myself, when all of the sudden, i got a lap full of laney's breakfast. not once, but twice. positive attitude killed.

for some reason, this little incident was hugely entertaining to my family. i have been enduring throw up jests and jokes all day. emotionally scarring? i think so.

sincerely,
one kid who is ready to head back to ttown... now

No comments:

Post a Comment