Friday, April 10, 2009

i'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one.

yesterday, i was harassed by a monk.

i was walking past bb comer when this bystander complimented me on my scarf. i thought to myself, "that was strange, but what a nice man" and proceeded on my way. little did i know his compliment was only bait; to him, i was a fish, and he was just trying to reel me in. next thing i knew, he was creepily reaching into his man purse. he produced a dvd and shoved it in my face. his dialogue began with, "i am a monk..." i lost him after that statement cause my mind had a lot of trouble wrapping itself around the concept of being a monk. it's not everyday that i run into monks on my way home from class. after saying a jumble of things about new spiritual levels, needing money, and accepting debit cards, he bowed in front of me. i was so caught off guard that words just did not come. i stared blankly at him, then ran away. that is my story. 

in the summer plans department, I AM GOING TO VERMONT! for the entire summer. it's as close to official as it can be without me having actually turned in my application yet. i am going up there to be a part of a program put on by the navigators. this trip is what they call an stp... summer training program... and they host them all over the country. i am following in my big sis's footsteps and heading about 20 hours away to burlington, vermont. over the course of the summer, i will be staying at the university of vermont, getting some rockin' job, and spending time in god's word.  i am so happy about this whole situation that i am having trouble containing my excitement. everyone should probably come visit me and liz... or at least miss us a lot:) 

although my summer plans are very exciting, they are also necessary. recently i have been having a pre-midlife crisis. my first year of college is almost over, and i have absolutely no idea where it went! i also just had my 18+1 birthday. i refuse to use that number's proper form because then i would be giving into the fact that i now have less than 365 days of teenagerness. that is not ok. i feel like my life whirling around me, and i am just watching it go by. the goal i have for the summer is to start living my life. i need to grow up a little bit (i can't believe i just said those words...) and figure out a direction for my life to head. at the moment, i am a failing nursing major who wants to live in seattle and enjoy the rain for the rest of her life. apparently, that's not going to cut it, or so i've been told. my prayer is that my time spent in vermont will help me to clear my head and focus on god's plan for my life. should be interesting.

i hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend! 
get excited about the stories to come from the easter egg hunt my mom has planned sunday. it has the potential for epicness. 

forever yours,
b

1 comment: