Friday, April 17, 2009

But there's something in the way you laugh, and it make me feel like a child..

Hallelujah, it's the weekend. Too bad my entire day tomorrow will be spent studying. At least I will be able to sleep in. If I can just make it through next week...

A-Day is tomorrow. The Quad is surrounded by port-a-potties, tents are being set up, the campus is buzzing with people, and I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. I'm sorry; I've tried. I really have, but I just can't get past the fact that it's NOT A REAL GAME. It's Alabama vs. Alabama. Either way we win! So what's the point?! Why are we exerting all the time and energy and hullabaloo that goes into a regular game when it doesn't even count? Can't we just wait until August, people? It's these intricacies of the University of Alabama that will never cease to confound me. 

The Quad, however, was utterly gorgeous today. I got done early with my Geography test and camped out for a good 30 minutes under a tree. As I took my tour group across at 1:00, there were people walking with backpacks, playing with puppies, studying on benches, and playing frisbee. It couldn't have been a more quintessential collegiate setting. Roll Tide.

I went back to Briarwood last night for Meet Me in St. Louis. They did an awesome job. I was so proud of my friends. It was so weird to be back though. Something about the musical just made me so nostalgic. It was so good to see everyone. It's crazy that they're all in the same place I was, on the cusp of leaving a place so wonderful and comfortable for something unknown and exciting.

I'm excited about seeing Adventureland tonight. And then hopefully, we will make pound cake. 

Epic concert schedge coming up: Dave this Monday, and Ray LaMontagne the next!

one day at a time,
Katie K.

1 comment: