Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me.

I'm blogging! I forget how much I love to do this until I actually get back into it. I really enjoyed my weekend. It was pretty epic in terms of movies watched. Friday consisted of Stardust and Monsters vs. Aliens, both of which satisfied my childish imagination to the point of explosion. Saturday I caught a matinee of I Love You, Man which was just downright hilarious, and Sunday was High Fidelity. Aside from watching great movies, I got to spend time with people I love just hanging out, dancing the night away at Navs semi-formal, and road trippin' to H-ville. It's weekends like this that I love living in Tuscaloosa and fully appreciate how blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life. 

I know I rant a lot on here about being busy, but, really, there isn't much I love more. This week's another stressful one, so I have every hour planned from Monday to Friday. Things do calm down a bit after tomorrow, though. I have my first tour tomorrow. I'm trying to not be nervous, but it's hard to keep that at bay. I know that I know the information; I just can't help the nagging notion in the back of my mind that I'm going to be one of those horror stories that they tell future new Capstoners of what NOT to do on your first tour. Oh, my, I hope not. I guess all I can do is trust myself and know that it only gets easier from here. I am excited too; this will be the culmination of everything I've been working for. It's the reason why I learned all that stuff in the first place, to share it with someone else. And there's just something so cool in that to me.

I am overwhelmed by the onslaught of upcoming concerts I want to go to. I got Dave and Ray LaMontagne covered, but Coldplay is coming in May (with Pete Yorn opening) and J. Mraz to Crawfish Boil, and I really want to go. I hate it when artists I love come so close and I just miss them. As I have previously stated via facebook status, if I could, I would quit school and become a professional concert-goer. Unfortunately, no such occupation exists.

Everyone seems to be changing up their layout, and I think it's time for Double Bird Strike to do the same. I need to consult my roommate on this. 

In other news, KATIE BRAZEAL'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW!! I'm so happy that kid was born. Everyone make her feel loved and special, cause she is. I couldn't ask for a better roommate. 

Feliz cumpleaƱos,
Katie K.

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FIRST TOUR! I'M SURE IT WENT FANTASTIC!! SORRY ALL-CAPS ARE SO ANNOYING!

    ReplyDelete