Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Old habits die hard, when you got a sentimental heart.

Ok, I've been putting this off long enough. It's only June 9th and already I feel like I have had a whole summer full of experiences.

I'm going to sum up my trip to Haiti in as concise a manner as possible. I have a tendency to ramble on this thing. The keywords that I seem to be using over and over to describe it to people that ask are eye-opening, humbling, convicting, and shocking. I think those fit. I came back with a heart for the country, a love for the people, a desire to make changes in my life, and a new-found perspective. If you want to know details, just ask me. Trust me, I can ramble about that trip for longer than I was there. My new language to learn is Haitian Creole. Sak pase?

I just got back today from visiting family in Charlotte. I really love that city and could totally see myself living there one day. I wish that Charlotte and Birmingham were closer. I just love spending time with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. We don't get to see each other often enough. I leave again for a wedding and the beach again on Thursday.

I'm barely in town for June, but July is a gaping hole with not much to do. I'm open to ideas to fill it. I also would just like for everyone to know that my roommate and I are staying in touch over the summer through sending video messages back and forth on facebook. I plan for us to sit down together at the beginning of the year and watch all of them and laugh at how funny we look.

New obsession = She & Him, thanks to Shane.

Jet-setter for the month of June,
Katie K.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That's friggin ballin!

    It sounds like God exceeded your expectations and answered every single one of your prayers for your trip to Haiti, haha. Now THAT is encouraging that He listens to even someone like you, haha. I mean that in all goodness : )

    What do you think is going to change about you this summer while you wait until the fall?

    ReplyDelete