Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i murdered the dance floor. call the cops!

i realize that katie k just wrote a similar-ish blog post, but it's the end of the year... it's called for...

it is my final night in tuscaloosa. i am sitting in gorgas pulling my last all nighter of freshman year, and i find it ironically appropriate. i have come to love these long nights alone, just me and my computer. while i am not a senior and having to jump into the real world after graduation on saturday, i am allowing myself to be upset that my freshman year has come to an end. no one can take that away from me! 1/4th of my college experience is behind me... 1/5th if plan B has to be put into action. i have been talking about my state of depression for about a week now, but it hit me for real tonight. this is it. tomorrow night i'll be asleep in my bed in birmingham. 

these past 9 months have been the best months of my life to date... i have loved every minute of them. i could write a book full of the stories that have accumulated over the course of the school year. i have so many wonderful memories. the friendships i have made, i know will last a lifetime. i have found people that care about me and want the best for me. i thank god as often as i think of it for blessing me with such an amazing freshman experience at alabama. roll tide. 

here i have compiled a list of the year's highlights (at least those i could think of off the top of my head). they might make sense to you, but maybe not. enjoy decoding... 
tri kappa chi
b-stud
riverwood presbyterian church
the riverwalk
band parties. swing dancing. 
chicago marathon
rose towers
sigma chi rave swap
xo homecoming dance competition
alabama dominated auburn
old bryce
xo tacky christmas
double bird strike
how i met your mother
chi omega initiation... finally (coffin and all)
epic weekend at mallie's mountain house
13th street
game night... specifically taboo
brett dennen/erin mccarley concert
myers-briggs personality test
ato formal in nola
pulling all nighters... gorgas to rodgers to panera 
i'm on a boat
vero beach, florida
navigators
climbing the silo
adam naylor and i have to same birthday!!
discovering dave matthews... and my first dave concert
sitting on the front steps of gorgas
... and many, many more!

in closing, there are two people i would like to specifically shout out. there are so many people who have made an impact on my life this year and have been there for me through the good and the bad. but tonight katie kallam and elizabeth price are the lucky recipients of a blog shout out. 

katie k and i have known each other since elementary school. we have always had a special bond because we share the greatest name ever, but this year katie has become my best friend. she really is my other half; we balance each other out. we have lived together all year, and yet i can't think of one fight we have had. she loves me, listens to me, knows everything about me, and most importantly puts up with me. i can't wait for round 2 next year! what am i going to do all summer without her? i love you, katie.

lizzy, on the other hand, i met for the first time on pref night during rush in the chi omega house. she is by far the best thing chi o has done for me! i feel like i have known her forever, and i know that she genuinely cares about me. we talk about anything and everything, and i love that. even more importantly, she has been an incredible example to me of what a christian is. she has become irreplaceable in my life. oh and we have become convinced over the course of the year that we are actually sisters. can't you see the resemblance? thank you for everything, liz. i love you and cannot wait to spend the summer with you in vermont!

yours... for the last time as a freshman,
b

p.s. the title of this blog post is a quote from my new favorite website... textsfromlastnight.com... read it. love it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaay! Awwww... Riverwood Pres! That is where I went! Give Tim Lien an awkward arm-punch for me....

    I love the Katies blog! Definitely following this one. I can tell it will be well worth the time!

    ReplyDelete