Friday, May 15, 2009

Blog by popular demand

I have a deep fear that this thing is going to die over the summer. Thankfully, I have people like Kendall and Graham to keep me accountable.

Summer so far has been everything I hoped it would be. I have slept an unbelievable amount, gotten together with friends, and been an all-around bum. I finally finished High Fidelity after starting it over Christmas Break. I really enjoyed it. I liked how the ending was different from the movie because it made it fresh and interesting for me. 

Yesterday was a surprisingly eventful day. I got up early to trek back to Tuscy for tours. The campus was post-rapture dead. It was weird. The sidewalks that are usually packed with students were empty, and it was silent where you would normally hear friends conversing on the way to class. I ate a sad Chick-fil-a lunch in the deserted Ferg, but I got to catch up with Marge on the phone! After my tours, I drove back to Birmingham where Sarah paid a visit to the Kallam house! We caught up, facebook stalked, and ate spaghetti. Then, I introduced her to Doodles.

Now, for you non-Birminghamians (?) Doodles is a small trailer that sells delicious Italian ice. (Similar to Summer Snow for you Tuscaloosa kids). There is a big open field where you eat your frozen treat and there were a lot of families with little kids there last night. Sarah and I immediately tried to gather rapport with the children. There was one red-headed boy in particular that was rather annoying. He bounced around the field like a frog, loudly emitting the noise, "Whap! Whap! Whap!" Sarah and I began to recall our childhoods and how Sarah was often told as a child, "Don't make noise, just to make noise." Oh, the days of making noise, just because you liked the sound of it. I regret that we never made dandelion crowns. 

After Doodles, we watched Twilight. It was both of our third time, but we had allowed the proper amount of time to pass so that it was perfect. I remembered just why I love Edward Cullen as much as I do. It was also my first time to watch it since completing the book series. So I had newly gained perspective on the movie.

Tonight was the perfect night. I had the house to myself, ordered Asian Wok, and watched the LOST finale. (WHICH BLEW MY MIND BY THE WAY. I mean, I cried.) I leave for Haiti on Tuesday. It sure has sneaked up on me. But I'm still so excited to see what happens.

I miss so many of my friends! 

I realize this is a pretty boring post, but these are the most exciting things that have been happening in my life recently. I'm craving a cupcake. Someone bring me one, plz.

1 comment:

  1. Doodles is awesome!!!1 fond memories of the doodles that once stood in vhills

    ReplyDelete