Monday, October 5, 2009

i try to say goodbye and i choke. i try to walk away and i stumble.

hi. my name is katie brazeal, and i am the co-creator of this blog, double bird strike. you, dear reader, may have been under the impression that this beautiful little corner of the internet had died, but oh how wrong you were! welcome back to my life...

today, whilst playing around on my computer (i.e. facebook stalking), i noticed a hypothetically rusty bookmark sitting there on the toolbar of my internet explorer. what was it, you might ask? well it was none other than this wonderful blog. curiosity perked, i clicked on it. once back in the blogging universe, i decided to reread all of "double birk strike's" old blog posts and relive the days of yore. i got approximately one and a half blogs into the stellar sixty-one when i was reminded of why katie and i started this blog in the first place. we needed a cyber-shoebox to collect all of our college memories in, and here i am letting sophomore year go completely undocumented! for shame.

my next move was to stop reading the old blog posts... 61. who was i kidding? ...and start writing what you are reading now; however, it was not quite as simple as that sounds. i first ran into the difficulty of recalling the password i had set so many months before. after many unsuccessful guesses (but creative ones, i might add), i resigned myself to the fact that i would have to set a new one. after forgiving myself for forgetting such valuable information, setting up a snazzy new password, and re-familiarizing myself with the whole blog set up, i began typing.

sophomore year as a whole has been an adjustment. college has lost the mystery it once had. i don't mean that as a complaint; it is simply a fact. some days it is the biggest blessing, while others it is a bit of a drag. even still, i love college, and life is good.

and when i say life is good, i don't truly mean that. i am too much of a pessimist to utter those words in absolute truth. what i am really saying is life is just life. my life has a tendency to forever keep things interesting, and right now is no exception. the biggest news at the moment is that i am no longer in nursing school. my major is officially undecided, and i couldn't be more excited about that! i would just like to thank my anatomy&physiology 215 lab for helping me admit to myself that i don't want to go to nursing school. tuesday at 1:30 pm, amy in the career center is supposed to tell me what to do with my life. can't wait!

some less dramatic but still blog-worthy highlights from the past few weeks include, dropping my anatomy&physiology class (i am rocking a W on my transcript! yippie), celebrating chris and sarah's engagement, walking into the wrong dorm room only to be rudely dismissed, hanging up all of my zaps from freshman year, watching a rather large amount of "friends" episodes, potentially applying to victoria's secret (jury is still out on that one...), rediscovering my love for gorgas & rogers, adopting the most precious little chi-o sister, preparing to celebrate elizabeth price's 21st birthday (15 days!!), and specifically tonight, eating a bag of popcorn for dinner. i love college.

so welcome back! thanks to a lighter class load and the fact that i am unemployed, you will probably be seeing this blog come back to life:)

sincerely,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment