Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So here is what you've missed...

hello one. hello all.

it's only been a mere 6 months since i have camped out on this website, but the sabbatical is over, friends. i am embarrassed to say that i had a little difficulty remembering my blog password, so this blogpost almost didn't happen. but you can thank your lucky starts that i do have a little bit of a memory swimming somewhere around up in my head.

i've been thinking about this blog a lot lately... probably because i have missed it. i thought all the way back to its birth and tried to remember why this blog even started. and let's be honest, katie k and i were simply copying everybody else. but beyond that, we really did see it as a fun way to keep track of our super, crazy, fun college careers. well my super, crazy, fun college career is over halfway finished at this point, and i am letting it slip away undocumented. obviously, this must be fixed.

in addition, this blog was started by the best of friends and roommates... but sadly, for those that are unaware, katie k and i are currently not roommates (side note: there was not a falling out; we are still best friends. the situation got just a little beyond our control), so now more than ever this blog should be alive! "the katie's" live on!!

now after pumping everybody back up about doublebirdstrike, let me back track... since the start of my sabbatical until now a lot has happened, so here is a recap:

1. March 31, 2010, I was diagnosed with mono. And for those that don't have everything about me memorized, that's the day before my birthday! Needless to say, my 20th birthday SUCKED. How many people do you know that get an ER visit for their birthday?
so i spent a lot of my time doing things like this. i lost a lot of weight. that was cool. and then i gained it all back!

2. May 2010, I completed my sophomore year of college (which my mom didn't think would happen, thanks to the mono... but look at me!), and Sarah Young became Sarah Jackson.
although it has nothing to do with the wedding, i took this picture while in chattanooga.

3. May 2010 (part 2), the ending of school brought summer, but it also brought the start of my booming career at Bath & Body Works. I am pretty much a body lotion expert now. Be jealous!
4. July 5, 2010, This day was a very sad day. My sweet and very sick grandfather went to be with the Lord. He was my first grandparent to lose and a very, very special one to lose at that. In the time that surrounded his death, the Lord was so faithful to me and showed me His love through the support of my wonderful friends and family.
This is Granddaddy and I at his 75th Birthday party only a month before he passed away.

5. July 25, 2010, This was a happier day. Graham and I celebrated 6 months of dating (officially)!
I love him.

and after summer came rush, and after rush came school, and that's where we are now! so there you have it (in a nutshell, that is).

i have a good feeling about the resurrection of the blog. mind you, i have not spoken of this with katie k... but i feel like with enough cheering, she'll be back on board in no time!

so enough about me... what's new with you?

4 comments:

  1. hoorah! i have been waiting for this day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that picture of yall. and that you resurrected the blog. i'll get right on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SABES VER TU FOTO CON EL ABUELO ME CAUSO MUXA TERNURA ME ACORDE DE LOS DIAS CUANDO MI ABUELO Y YO SALIAMOS AMONTAR ACABALLO EN LAS COLINAS DEL SUR DE MEXICO Y BUENO ERES ENCANTADORA Y GRACIAS POR CONPARTIR ALGO DE TY SCHALOM SALUDOS A TU NOVIESITO

    ReplyDelete